Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Potato Veggie Bake

Once again, I decided to use as much as I could at once to make something delicious.

Summer Potato Veggie Bake
3 medium potatoes- sliced
2 medium purple onions- sliced
4 large garlic cloves- sliced
3 medium tomatoes- sliced
olive oil
salt & pepper to taste



  • Slice the potatoes, onions and tomatoes about the same thickness (I used a mandolin slicer)
  • Thinly slice the garlic
  • In a greased baking dish (you'll see I used pie dishes but that wasnt my first choice.  My baking dish had leftovers in it still) layer the vegetables; potato, onion, garlic, tomato, sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper, then add a final layer of potato.
  • Bake 30 minutes in 350* oven.  























I chose to layer in this order with intention.  This way as the tomatoes heat and seep moisture it will cover the rest with tomatoey goodness.  In other circumstances, I would have put a layer of bacon over the whole thing.
I used a variety of tomatoes that came in my CSA share the past 2 weeks, yellow minis, sungold and basic red tomatoes.  Im discovered a love of sungolds!




ADDENDUM: After cooking, I placed one of these in the freezer.  Pulled it out about a week later, defrosted, threw into oven (350 for 15 minutes) and it was delicious.  It got a little crispy but that just added something.

No comments:

Post a Comment