I had to take a picture to show perspective of how large these cloves of garlic are. That is a quarter!
Amounts shown in recipes are for "normal" sized cloves, not these monstrosities.
Tangy Raw Beet Salad
2 md beets, peeled and julienne
1/2 md red/purple onion, cut as desired (Im not a huge onion fan so I diced mine)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs vinegar
2 tsp horseradish mustard (if your market doesnt carry this wonderful treat, just use Dijon)
1 Tbs lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and refrigerate
- Mix together prepared beets, onion and garlic
- Toss with dressing.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving to let flavors intensify
2 md beets, peeled and sliced
1/2 md red/purple onion, sliced
2 clove garlic, sliced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In small pot bring to boil, vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- Boil until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- In a quart jar or medium size tupperware container, place beets, onions, garlic, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour in enough brine to cover. Put lid on tightly and shake to mix up.
*This is for a single batch in the refrigerator. Let sit 3 or 4 days before eating.